J. Perigoe & Son Funeral Directors are a privately owned, independent family run business offering the highest standard of care and facilities to those we serve in and around Kent and East Sussex.
For many, losing a loved one is an emotional experience that needs to be faced perhaps only twice in a lifetime. Yet at this moment of deepest grief some important decisions still need to be made. This is where the compassion, professionalism and community commitment of a SAIF independent funeral director can help to make this most difficult of times just that little bit more bearable.
Since 2001 J. Perigoe & Son has been under the ownership of West & Coe, a fully independent family owned and managed business that has served the community for over a century. As members of The National Society of Allied and Independent Funeral Directors (SAIF), we abide by a strict code of practice that provides further confidence in our professional service and approach.
Our premises offer full facilities for the care of your loved one, meaning they remain local to home, from the moment they come into our care until the day of the funeral. At the earliest stage possible you will deal directly with one of our experienced Funeral Directors who, if wished, will come to see you in the comfort of your own home and will advise and gently guide you through every aspect of the funeral arrangements, conduct the funeral on the day and assist with any further requirements. We believe this continuity of care is important. It gives you a reassuring familiar face at an often distressing and sometimes bewildering time.
Although the majority of the funerals we arrange are still very traditional, over recent years there has been an increase in families wishing for a more personalised funeral that reflects the loved one they have lost. Your allocated funeral director will assist you in making this possible in a number of ways ranging from, the coffin being carried by members of the family, members of the family being involved in the service, a bespoke design of coffin or floral tribute that may represent a favourite hobby, football team or sport. Or possibly just a particular piece of music that holds a special memory or significance. The options are endless. We will be very happy to help and guide you, in any request that you may have, to make your final goodbye a very special memory. Another area we have seen an increase in, is families wishing to arrange an environmentally friendly funeral. Again your allocated funeral director will be happy to discuss various options including woodland burial sites, coffins made entirely of natural products i.e. willow, seagrass, or bamboo and even wool.
At J. Perigoe and Son, we are one of only a few companies who offer male and female funeral directors. All staff are experienced with giving advice on matters such as registering a death, making the best arrangements, the many benefits of pre-paid funeral plans and bereavement support and advice.
Please visit the following pages to give you an idea on costs and disbursements.
In the words of our families
- ‘Your professionalism, dignity and sincerity was so very much appreciated.’
- ‘We will be eternally grateful to you all for your kindness and understanding. What wonderful people you all are.’
- ‘Thank you for all the love, care, understanding and above all the professionalism given to us at Mum’s funeral.’
- ‘Thank you for helping the family celebrate a long and productive life with grace and dignity.’
- ‘We will not hesitate to recommend you to anybody in the same sad circumstances as ourselves.’
- ‘Dear Bridget and “The Team!” Just a few lines to thank you for sending Mum off in style.’
- ‘We couldn’t have been in better hands at such a sad and traumatic moment.’
‘…thank you for the unparalleled service offered and carried out on behalf of our father…’‘…thank you for the unparalleled service offered and carried out on behalf of our father…’
- We will be eternally grateful to you all for your kindness and understanding. What wonderful people you all are.
- I couldn’t have asked for anything better. All your staff were so caring and kind.
- We couldn’t have been in better hands at such a sad and traumatic moment.
- …thank you for the unparalleled service offered and carried out on behalf of our father…