This website (https://jperigoeandson.com/) is owned and operated by West & Coe Ltd trading as J Perigoe & Son and A.W. Court. This policy explains how we collect and use your information. In this Policy, “we”, “us” and “our” means J Perigoe & Son and A.W. Court.
All data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation.
2.1 J. Perigoe & Son and A.W. Court Funeral Directors are responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to J. Perigoe & Son Funeral Directors and A.W. Court collecting/processing their personal data.
2.2 All employees of J. Perigoe & Son and A.W. Court Funeral Directors who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
3. Privacy notice
3.1 Who are we?
J. Perigoe & Son and A.W. Court are trading divisions of West & Coe Ltd, Head Office, 620 Rainham Road South, Dagenham, Essex RM10 8YP. Company registration number 01663282.
J. Perigoe & Son has two offices; Bank Street, Cranbrook, Kent TN17 3EF and Dixter Road, Northiam, Rye, East Sussex TN31 6LB and A.W. Court are based at Headcorn Road, Grafty Green, Maidstone, Kent ME17 2AP.
J. Perigoe & Son and A.W. Court Funeral Directors are a privately owned, independent family run Funeral Directors offering the highest standard of care and facilities to those we serve in and around Kent and East Sussex.
Since 2001 J. Perigoe & Son and A.W. Court has been under the ownership of West & Coe Ltd, a fully independent family owned and managed Funeral Director business that has served the community for generations. As members of The National Society of Allied and Independent Funeral Directors (SAIF), we abide by a strict code of practice that provides further confidence in our professional service and approach.
Our premises offer full facilities for the care of your loved one, meaning they remain local to home, from the moment they come into our care until the day of the funeral. At the earliest stage possible, you will deal directly with one of our experienced Funeral Directors who, if wished, will come to see you in the comfort of your own home and will advise and gently guide you through every aspect of the funeral arrangements, conduct the funeral on the day and assist with any further requirements.
The funerals we arrange can be personalised, to reflect the loved one that has been lost. This could be a very traditional, or an environmentally friendly funeral. The options are endless.
The personal data we will request from you and would like to process on you is:
- Your full name
- Postal address
- Mobile telephone numbers
- An email address
- Your relationship to the Deceased
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- Fulfilment of the funeral service
- Disclosure to third parties involved with the funeral service such as the Church Authorities, Crematoria, Doctors, Ministers, Local Authorities, Press and Printers, Nominated Charities for donations, Caterers and Stone Masons. (This list is not exhaustive).
Our legal basis for processing your personal data:
- Fulfilment of a contract for the funeral service.
Any legitimate interests pursued by us, or third parties we use, are as follows:
- Advice on pre-paid funeral plans.
- Monumental Stone Mason services.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for J. Perigoe & Son and A.W. Court Funeral Directors to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data, we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by contacting us to update your preferences.
J. Perigoe & Son and A.W. Court Funeral Directors will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent. The following third parties may receive your personal data for the following purpose(s):
- A local crematorium for the purpose of organising cremation of the deceased.
- A local cemetery for the purpose of organising burial of the deceased.
- A nominated minister/celebrant for the purpose of arranging details of the funeral service.
- A local musician for the purpose of liaising with you for your musical choices for the funeral service.
- And others, but not limited to; as noted under 3.1.
3.4 Retention period
J. Perigoe & Son and A.W. Court Funeral Directors will process personal data for as long as is necessary to allow us to fulfil your funeral services and will store the personal data for an indefinite period of time in order to fulfill our legal requirements that may arise in the future and to assist with future funeral arrangements.
3.5 Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that, J. Perigoe & Son or A. W. Court Funeral Directors refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
- All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in 3.3 above) in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by J. Perigoe & Son and A. W. Court Funeral Directors (or third parties as described in 3.3 above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority, J. Perigoe & Son or A.W. Court Funeral Directors.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Supervisory authority, contact details
Perigoe & Son Funeral Directors contact details
3.7 Privacy Statement
Read more about how and why we use your data on our websites: http://jperigoeandson.com/
General Data Protection Regulation
We would like to provide you with updated information on our services in the future to ensure you always have the best information we can provide. Your funeral director will show you where you can indicate what you would like to hear from us about and how you would like to receive this information. You can change your preferences at any time by contacting us.