At registration, the registrar will add the details of the deceased to the
Tell Us Once national database. (N.B. Not available at Hastings)
After 24hr hours you will be able to contact the service on 0800 085 7308, quote the unique reference number given to you by the registrars and
Tell Us Once will notify:
- HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) – to deal with tax and cancel benefits.
- Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) – to cancel benefits, for example Income Support.
- Passport Office – to cancel a British passport.
- DVLA – to cancel a driving licence.
- The local council – to cancel Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit, a Blue Badge, inform council housing services and remove the person from the electoral register.
- Public sector or armed forces pension schemes – to stop pension payments.